Current version of the database schema navigation utility supports all modern Microsoft SQL Server
versions starting 2000.
To connect required server the user should:
- Specify database server or select it from the drop-down list.
Please note, that server visibility in the list is depend on
protocol and network settings. To specify instance of the server
use following notation: <server name>\<instance
- Check on windows authentication mode or enter login name and
password. Please note that the program hides login and password
panel if "windows authentication" mode is switched on.
- Press "Connect" button.
- Select required database and schema name from related drop-down
- To connect SQL Server Express you should check
related check box or to use SQLEXPREESS as instance name, for
example: .\SQLEXPRESS for local server.
- You can hide or show connection panel clicking at the
- Even connection panel is closed you can see current connection
properties at the collapsed panel header.
- You can switch off session-to-session password saving feature
by sequrity reason. Pleas refer to product settings for details.